How does YouPlanIt Classroom Support Student Learning?
The true benefits apart from the list below are the privileges for students to choose the context for learning and have the opportunity to plan their own lessons..
- Create own lessons using the National Curriculum embedded in “child speak”
- Choose own resources, Learning goals, Success Criteria
- Self-assessing and reflects on own learning
- Creates 'next steps' for learning
- Request and receive feedback from students or teacher
- Collaborative group planning
- Choose meaningful contexts for learning and uses many areas of the curriculum to express their ideas
- Comprehensive instructions for all learning areas
- Self-assessment rubrics
- In YouPlanIt Classroom you have the ability to plan around your personal interests and still cover all the normal learning areas that we typically expect a student to do at school. The big difference is, you probably won't even realize you are doing all this work because you have chosen a learning path that is meaningful to you and therefore motivates you to work hard and enjoy it.
Does this sound crazy? Well, yes, but it is possible. Working on something that motivates you is so much easier! YouPlanIt Classroom allows you to do this.
Math, Writing, Reading, Science, Social Science, Technology, Project Math, My Creative Space and My choice all connected through a non subject call Wonder (The Arts coming soon) Suitable for students aged 7 to 14/15 years.
Wonder - What is it?
It is a place where you get to “tune” into your own mind or thinking and begin to trust its value. It’s a place where you get to “thrash” out ideas, thoughts, passions that keep you on the path of curiosity. It is where you make your thinking visible and give your voice a place to reason, think, create. It is where learning takes on meaning and you can enjoy discovering the incredible gift of being ‘you’!
Whether you decide to start your learning journey with 'WONDER' or not, it doesn't matter. There are many benefits to creating your own lesson plans as this will give you ownership, responsibility, and a drive to succeed.
Work together with your teacher and create inspiring and innovative learning opportunities!